[Xastir] Re: D700 with Mac

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue May 31 17:42:37 EDT 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> I'm having some problem getting Map Chooser to see the GIS file in the
> Maps folder but after that is worked out, I'm on my way.

'splain.  What type of GIS file.  What libraries do you have
compiled into Xastir (summary.log file should tell you).  Have you
checked permissions on the map directories and files to make sure a
normal user can get there?  Have you reindexed your maps?

One possible problem involves putting a map file in the maps
directory structure which has an old date on the file, then running
the reindex NEW maps function.  It won't find the new map because
the date on the map file is older than the date on the map index
file.  You can either "touch" the map file to change the date, or do
a reindex ALL to get around this minor problem.  Once you understand
it, it makes sense.