[Xastir] Help with Debian install

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Aug 14 06:28:12 EDT 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Victor wrote:

> New to linux.  Got xastir running on Mac and now venturing out to Linux.
>
> Got Debian 3.1 and then got the package from /testing so it's 1.8.2-1.
>
> How do I get map caching?

Please read the INSTALL document.  That's our best effort so far at
documenting what's needed for each option.  There are several README
documents that should be of interest as well.

> Tried to load from source but keep getting an error for X11
> development headers . .  .

As the previous poster mentioned that's your X11 development
headers.  Or Xorg development headers, depending on which X11 you're
running.  Most distributions don't install devel headers
automatically, but they're usually on the CD's (or on the 'net).

I'm not a Debian user, so can't help with the exact package names.