[Xastir] Linspire & Dig_Ned

hasan schiers schiers at netins.net
Mon Aug 14 12:27:39 EDT 2006

OK, I got a Linux distro working again (my old computer latched up and
died). I ended up putting Linspire 5.0 on a meagre machine and Xastir seems
to run just fine from it. I want to put digi_ned on it using the agwpe
interface to my windows box.

Being a Linux novice, I don't know how to do it. I have downloaded the
source file for digi-ned. Could someone give me a "by the numbers"
explanation of how to create the executible for digi-ned (and where to put
it). I can figure out how to configure digi-ned (I've done it before), but
not being a Linux person, I don't know anything more than how to get the
source file off my network and somewhere onto the Linux box.

Xastir is running perfectly with my agwpe setup located on my networked
windows machine, and is connecting to the aprs server just fine. Weather
warnings are showing just fine. Tiger maps working just fine. Everything is
pretty ducky with Xastir. (This was done with Linspire's CNR , Click and Run
Install). I'm surprised it worked as well as it did. All I had to do is
configure Xastir...piece of cake.

Linspire is a Debian type of disto, I think.

So, for digi-ned:

1. What "directory" do I copy the source file for digi-ned into?

2. What is the command syntax for making the executible. (from a command
prompt/terminal window)

3. What is the command line syntax for starting digi-ned using the agwpe
interface in the verbose mode? (I had it written down, but lost it long
ago).

Any other tips? TIA

...hasan, N0AN