[Xastir] CVS "No route to host"

Robert Grattan bgrattan at umw.edu
Sun Aug 27 15:56:55 EDT 2006

Thanks, Tom, I had run that script but, after checking again, I found
that some of the Root files hadn't been modified correctly.  I've got to
sort out some of the directories which seem to be in the wrong place.  I
appreciate the help!

Bob N4MRV

>>> Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> 27-Aug-06 13:20 >>>
On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 12:30:21PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron
collision of the <bgrattan at umw.edu> flavor, containing:
> I've been getting a "no route to host" when I've run the script
update-xastir lately.  Part of log showing this is below.  It shows that
it's updating but then seems to hit a snag.  I remember something about
a path change in the CVS file earlier this year but I think I made that
change.  Can anyone tell me what I'm missing to cause this?  Thanks.

> Bob N4MRV
>
> *----------------SNIP-------------------------
> cvs update: Updating xastir/xastir/src/Davis/src
> cvs update: Updating xastir/xastir/src/callpass
> cvs update: Updating xastir/xastir/src/rtree
> cvs update: Updating xastir/xastir/symbols
> cvs [update aborted]: connect to
cvs.sourceforge.net(66.35.250.207):2401 failed: No route to host

You need to change all your CVS/Root files to say
"xastir.cvs.sourceforge.net"
instead.  Execute the following command:

find -name Root -path \*CVS\* -exec perl -pi.bak
-e's/cvs.sf.net/xastir.cvs. sourceforge.net/' \{\} \;

This is in the FAQ under
  3.8 Why do I get an error now when trying to do a "cvs update"?
for what that's worth.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY   SAR502   DM64ux
http://www.swcp.com/~russo/