[Xastir] A new messaging bug, help debugging it?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Aug 29 09:28:35 EDT 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Lance Cotton wrote:

> Lance Cotton wrote:

> > The Kenwoods will ack messages sent to ANY SSID of the same callsign
> > assigned to the kenwood itself.
>
> This may be incorrect. The kenwood may ack all messages sent to SSID of
> "0" regardless of the SSID of the kenwood -- not ANY SSID, as I stated
> before.
>
> I'll contact a buddy who has the D700 and has dealt with this to confirm.

The particular test case had Xastir at -2, D7 at -5, D700 at -9.
The message was sent to the D700 from Xastir and Xastir crashed when
the D7 also ACK'ed the message.

Also:  I think Bob intended the Kenwoods to receive messages for
different SSID's.  This was so that you could switch rigs like crazy
yet still get your messages.

Imagine the fun one could have with it if you had a club callsign
(as we do for SAR), and had 16 Kenwoods on frequency all under the
same callsign, different SSID's...  Send one message, get 16 ACK's!