[Xastir] Maps, Defaults, and Chooser

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Fri Dec 8 12:15:52 EST 2006

I'll add my 2 cents into this discussion.

I use automaps. The way that I use them is that I have all of my "normal" maps
setup as automaps="yes". I have a variety of maps in this category:
  terraserver
  radar
  shapefiles of just the USA (with states)
  shapefiles for counties
  interstate roads
  other major roads
  tiger maps (divided by state)
  local repeater locations (dbf)
  gnis data
and have the min/max zoom set so I get more detail as I zoom in.

I turn off automaps to disable all of these maps and look at something
specific. When I'm ready to go back to my normal display, I simply re-enable
automaps. If there was a way to associate a collection of maps together so
they could be enabled/disabled all together, then I could easily do without
automaps.
--
William McKeehan