[Xastir] Ubuntstir?

Darryl Gibson n2diy at losch.net
Mon Dec 11 07:13:28 EST 2006

Curt Mills wrote:

> You could take the LSB binary package I put up for download, which
> installs in "/opt/Xastir", and create a .DEB package for it.
>
> I plan to keep it up-to-date just like the SuSE binaries there,
> putting out a new version each two weeks for the devel snapshots and
> of course each stable release as well.
>
> I'm still hoping to get an RPM package done for it but haven't had
> the time to go after that yet.

If I understand what I'm reading, both here and elsewhere, Xastir LSB is
very close to being an .rpm, and then a .deb.

Alien can create .rpm's from binaries, and then convert .rpm's to deb's.

http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man1/alien.1.html

--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
RLU X 182668/379552

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the
distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --  Andrew Fletcher, A
Discourse of Government with relation to Militias (1698)