[Xastir] Ask not what your Wiki can do for you. Ask rather what you can do for your Wiki.

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Dec 12 13:01:27 EST 2006

The Xastir wiki can be a great source of documentation, kept up-to-date and
growing by the concerted efforts of the Xastir community.  Left to itself,
however, it'll just become a cobweb site of stale information of no use to
anyone.

Right now, there is a very short list of people working on the wiki pages.  The
main documentation page is a half-populated skeleton of information, there are
some half-formatted pages that look like cut-and-pastes from existing pages but
with no functioning images or links, and (on the upside) there are some very
good pages on system specific installation.  There are two ways to fix this:
wait until someone else populates the thing, or start adding to it yourself.

Right now, the wiki is not a substitute for the flat files that come with a
distribution tarball or cvs checkout, but if enough distributed effort were
applied it could be a much, much more readable and searchable way to get
information to the user community.

As one of the original skeptics of the utility of a Wiki over flat ASCII files,
I have been trying to prove myself wrong by working on getting several of the
wiki pages to be complete and informative, to update them with additional
hints and tips as I stumble on them, and to tweak the organization to make it
easier to find information.  Please pitch in and help make this thing as
useful to as many new and casual users as we can.