[Xastir] Re: Wind Gusts

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 15 00:54:39 EST 2006

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Curt Mills wrote:

> I believe the idea is that we're computing the gust ourselves from
> the wx_speed value due to averaging time mismatches between the
> weather stations and the spec.  I think the wx_speed value there is
> intentional.

Please note that I haven't looked at the weather stuff in some time,
so I may have some details wrong.  I may also have misinterpreted
the specs incorrectly to begin with.  Convince me that I'm wrong in
the way that it was implemented and I'll revisit it.  As I recall
there were some weather stations that didn't provide a gust value
(like Dallas Semiconductor) so I had to do _something_ if I wanted
to have that value.  The calculation came in extra handy when I
needed a different averaging interval than what some weather
instruments produced.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer