[Xastir] Wind Gusts

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Fri Dec 15 16:42:15 EST 2006

I'll try to respond more, later, if needed but realize that the APRS
Weather Spec was compiled without the interference of working
meteorologists.

One thing I'd like to start doing is to munge the reporting into APRS
Weather, and then to do something like a compressed feed in
miscellaneous data... an ad hoc data feed... that provides the
resolution NWS is looking for.

Now for the tricky part: Peet and Davis stations don't generally have
the available precision to meet NWS spec.  I've got a dream of managing
CWOP/APRSWx metadata to the point that it's more (emphasis on MORE)
useful by NWS and others like me, for forecasting and verification, if
not climo uses.

Gotta get back to my meeting...

gerry