[Xastir] Xastir virtual machine now available for download

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 24 19:48:11 EST 2006

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006, Tom Russo wrote:

> > Just the instance of Xastir that is running. There's no terminal
> > window to have a look at to see what error might have happened.

Is it possible that it's the segfault I fixed about two weeks ago?
That was a libcurl problem that would cause a segfault under certain
conditions.  I don't know how new the code is that you're running,
but perhaps you're running with internet-based radar maps and
triggering this condition?

> > This is the first I have made use of the rtree function, and indeed it
> > appears to do a very good job of speeding up the processing of
> > shapefiles. My road .shp file is 42 MB in size, and the associated
> > .dbf file is 504 MB in size, yet Xastir can render a map in only a few
> > seconds.
>
> I'm glad to hear that.  Hope everyone has that experience now that it's the
> default.

I think the only people that would wish to disable rtree are those
that run Xastir on severely memory-limited machines.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer