[Xastir] Display Error2

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Dec 28 14:07:27 EST 2006

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 07:01:08PM +0000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <g1ixv at tiscali.co.uk> flavor, containing:
> Hi
> I am running the latest cvs version on two PC. Both PC are the same 2.4
> GB sempron.
> PC 1 running Suse 9.3 pro Linux.  PC 2  openSuse 10.2 Linux
> Both run Ok accept on Suse 10.2 the configure timing box has no text.
> the value figures are displayed but no description. Suse 9.3 works OK. I
> have checked the libs and all are there.
> I have had a word with Ian G6VEY also running Suse 10.2 and he has the
> same problem.

> I compiled up 1.8.4 & 1.8.3 and they still do it on Suse 10.2. Has
> anyone else come across this?

This comes up now and again here, as several Suse users seem to have
encountered it.  As I recall it seems to have something to do with which
version of Motif is installed (lesstif vs. openmotif), and is peculiar to
the later versions of Suse.  What version of motif do you have installed?
You might be able to fix it by switching versions.

> Forgot to add the error
>
> Warning:
>    Name: create_appshell text_output2
>    Class: XmTextField
>    Character '\260' not supported in font.  Discarded.

This is in the FAQ file.  Look in /usr/local/share/doc/xastir/FAQ.