[Xastir] VMWare for Mac

Dan Brown brown at brauhaus.org
Thu Dec 28 22:58:27 EST 2006

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Carl Makin wrote:
> Parallels have said they are working on their Transporter code to
> allow the conversion of Linux (and other) machines across to
> Parallels as well, but it's not there yet.

There are a couple notes on the net about taking certain VMware virtual
machines and converting them over to Parallels. Was on my list of things
to try with the Xastir/Ubuntu vmware instance.  Also, Parallels can
boot a live ISO without any problems.

Of course, between the N1OFZ prebuilt binary and/or the darwin ports
method, installing xastir natively on Tiger isn't awfully difficult. Vmware
may actually complicate matters!

--
Dan Brown
brown at brauhaus.org