[Xastir] Ubuntu 6.06 Boostrap

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sat Nov 4 15:35:01 EST 2006

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Bob Nielsen wrote:

>> apt-get source xastir
>>   This will bring in the xastir source tree, along with all the library
>> headers (-dev packages) that are necessary to compile it.
>>

> You need to also use "apt-get build-dep xastir" to get the headers, etc.

  Thanks for the clarification.  I learn something every day!  Usually by
putting my foot in my mouth first, then listening to the corrections...

  So then the simplified path simply replaces Gale Wilkinson's step two
with:

apt-get install build-essential, cvs
apt-get build-dep xastir

It wouldn't be necessary to install the source itself, since the CVS
checkout in step three would grab it.

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin