[Xastir] Re: Xastir Digest, Vol 16, Issue 6

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 6 11:36:21 EST 2006

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, txniteowl wrote:

> I find Xastir v1.7.0 to be very stable on Mepis v6.0, Kubantu, U bantu,
> and not 64-bit OS.

Which 64-bit OS isn't it working on?

> You need to address "Festival" as to not enough explanation to make it
> work if IT really does.
> So tell me. How do you get it to work?

I have had Festival working on multiple computers.  Right now it
works on a Dell laptop I have, on my desktop at home, and in my
truck-mount PC that mounts in my Jeep.

I do remember that I had trouble trying to get it compiled from
scratch years ago, so I eventually went to installing it from RPM's
on SuSE Linux and that has been working for me.

Please provide details on the sorts of problems you're having, and
what OS you're installing it on.  Perhaps someone else on here has
gone through the exact same install.