[Xastir] Ubuntu 6.06 Boostrap

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 12:23:05 EST 2006

The better solution is to edit your old xastir config file to point to
/usr/local/share.  The reason for this is:

The Debian/Ubuntu pre-compiled versions are compiled with a
--prefix=/usr, while self-compiled ones do not specify a prefix - and
with autoconf, defaults to /usr/local.  So, since you had run the
precompiled, it wrote it's config file to look at /usr/share/xastir -
the new self-compiled version doesn't overwrite that config file, but
tries to use it since it's there, and now that you've removed the
precompiled, stuff isn't there any more.

Jeremy