[Xastir] Cygwin problems

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 8 12:16:49 EST 2006

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Jason Winningham wrote:

> Which is the smallest weevil, VM/host OS hardware allocation or
> AGWPE?  In particular, which is the simplest for a novice to deal
> with, assuming soundmodem is not in the picture?

I don't know what the VMWare stuff looks like these days, but way
back when the serial port setup was pretty easy.  I don't imagine
they made it much more difficult over the years.

With AGWPE though you can use the same TNC for both Linux and
Windows OS on the same machine, or use completely different machines
to access them, so that's one advantage.  Also, if people already
have a working AGWPE install due to their playing around with
Windows APRS software earlier, they can take advantage of that.

What was really funny way back when was running Windows NT4 and
Linux at the same time, running Samba on the Linux side sharing
drives to the Windows side.  Also running an Apache web server on
Linux and the browser on Windows.  Kind'a strange being able to do
all of this on the same box, but I got used to it quickly.  It was
in the "explaining it to others" category where it got funny.