[Xastir] Compressed objects creep a little after creation?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Nov 9 13:39:35 EST 2006

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Tapio Sokura wrote:

> ...but the side effects are a bit more annoying to me. The station
> info box, for example, gathers the previous positions on it, so it
> looks like the object is moving when it in reality isn't moving.
> Anyway it seems to be a cosmetic problem, mostly.

I'm pretty sure you're right that it's some sort of rounding error.
Xastir creates the object string and transmits it, but also throws
it back into its own decoding logic which is where it gets added to
the station database and such.  Seems like a round-about way of
doing it, but it was the simplest at the time.  You're certainly
welcome to put in a bug report about it.