[Xastir] VMWare Player license

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Nov 10 13:44:15 EST 2006

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Stephen Brown Jr wrote:

> >Wasn't there already somebody on here that wanted to do an Ubuntu
> >flavor?
>
> Yes, that was me. Wasn't the original intent of this to get Xastir working
> for windows users ala vmware player

Yes.

> If that is the end goal, then I think we should focus our
> efforts on a lightweight linux distribution that end users can get up and
> running quickly with minimal headache.

Yep.  The smaller the better.

> On the vmware subject, It's entirely possible, and I'll throw my name in the
> hat and do what I can to make it happen :)

You guys go to it!  I'll sit back and reap the benefits...  That is
if I can get vmplayer to work for me at all.

It appears that I might have to reboot to get the latest kernel
running as the kernel sources on disk are newer than my running
kernel.  The vmplayer configuration program is upset about that.  I
don't want to reboot just for that 'cuz it'll mess up my stats for
the long-running Xastir instance.  I want to make at least 200 days,
maybe 300 or 365.  Linux uptime:  297 days.  Xastir uptime:  176
days.

Maybe I'll have to throw the player on the laptop to play once we
have something to try.  I know I can't download any of that stuff at
home.  Am on dialup there so megabytes = impossibility.