[Xastir] Better and/or Easier Way to Get Xastir on Windows

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Sat Nov 11 21:50:43 EST 2006

On Nov 10, 2006, at 4:06 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Anyone tried it on MacOSX yet?

Yep, just CVSed the latest.  no joy.

Started with a clean /usr/local, installed openmotif, pcre and proj.

imac:/usr/local/source/xastir jdw$ ./configure

checking shapefil.h usability... no
checking shapefil.h presence... no
checking for shapefil.h... no
checking libshp/shapefil.h usability... no
checking libshp/shapefil.h presence... no
checking for libshp/shapefil.h... no
configure: WARNING: ***************************************************
configure: WARNING: Your system does not have shapelib installed.  Using
configure: WARNING: an internal version, which will lead to larger
executable
configure: WARNING:  file size.  To eliminate this warning, install
shapelib on your system.

config.status: creating src/shapelib/Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: src/shapelib/Makefile.in
imac:/usr/local/source/xastir jdw$

In the interest if full disclosure, I had a working install,
everything installed in /usr/local.  I just renamed /usr/local and
started a new one for this test.  This could have resulted in
something abnormal, but I don't think so.

config.log is attached for your viewing pleasure.

-Jason
kg4wsv