[Xastir] Executable sizes, internal/external Shapelib

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 13 10:29:00 EST 2006

         Shapelib  Shapelib  Shapelib-Int  Shapelib-Ext
         Internal  External      Stripped      Stripped
xastir:   2404899   2404943       1101020       1101020
testawk:    53536     53600         19128         19160

These sizes are with all regular options plus rtree support compiled
in, on OpenSuSE10.0 Linux.

So...  The size of the Xastir executable doesn't change at all
except for the embedded debug information, which goes away if you
strip the executable.

It's funny that "testawk" does show a size difference even in the
stripped version.  I'd expect it to link in about the same
number/type of Shapelib functions as Xastir does.