[Xastir] New user..and thanks..

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Nov 18 16:41:32 EST 2006

On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 01:26:35PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <speedtoys.racing at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Thanks Tom..I kept going straight to other instructions..and didnt get
> into -that- document far enough.
>
> Fantastic.
>

> Im trying to add shapelib via the instructions and get this error in 'make
> lib':
>
> /usr/bin/ld -G -h libshp.so.1 -o .libs/libshp.so.1.0.1   shpopen.lo
> shptree.lo dbfopen.lo  -lc
> dbfopen.lo: In function `DBFReadAttribute':
> /cygdrive/c/Documents and
> Settings/jmohler/src/shapelib/shapelib-1.2.10/dbfopen.c:716: undefined
> reference to `__getreent'
> /cygdrive/c/Documents and
> Settings/jmohler/src/shapelib/shapelib-1.2.10/dbfopen.c:724: undefined
> reference to `__getreent'
> make: *** [lib] Error 1

That's documented in the HowTo:Windows file and in the README.win32 file
from which it's based.

Scan down to where it says:

[ ] Edit Shapelib's Makefile to remove the space after the "-h" on the line that looks like this:

It specifically mentions that issue.

Also, you can just use the "get-maptools.sh" script described towards the
end of the shapelib section, which will take care of all the arcane junk
that has to happen.

> But..before I get too far, is this going to work with any manner of
> soundmodem or method to get data from a VHF radio into xastir on
> cygwin?

Yes.  It works with AGWPE.  You'll have to download it and get it working
yourself according to its various well-written documentation, but once you
do have it working xastir can connect to the running AGWPE and use it as a
TNC.