[Xastir] Map Layering

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Nov 21 09:49:54 EST 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Chip G. wrote:

> After the update

BTW:  Did you run "./bootstrap.sh" before running configure?  Any
time that any Makefile.am/configure.ac/acinclude.m4 files get
modified, you need to run bootstrap.sh before configure.  I don't
think this has anything to do with your map problem though, but just
making sure we dot all the i's and cross all the t's.

> I immediately noticed that map layering wasn't
> working as I recall it working before. I have Tigermaps set as layer
> "1" and an very very old generic world map set as "-999". This used
> to make the generic invisible except when Tigermaps couldn't/didn't
> load. But now it is appearing over Tigermaps. So I tried setting the
> generic layer to "999" and had the same result. So now I don't know
> how to make it invisible.
>
> OK, never mind. If I disable all maps, I still have a generic world
> map. So that is still something new and a little weird. I don't mind
> it being there, except I'd like it to be at the lowest possible layer
> so that my "pretty" raster map covers it.

That's interesting.  Did you reindex all maps?  The map is
probably not showing up in the Map Chooser because you haven't
indexed it, but it got written to the selected_maps.sys file because
for some reason it thought you were a new user.  I wrote the code to
auto-add that map in the case when you have "NOCALL" as your
callsign.  For a new user it works out very nice 'cuz they get a
world map and the Configure->Station dialog comes up automatically
the first time they run Xastir.

Evidently there's something "interesting" going on with in your case
an existing users setup with the new code.  If I can characterize
it, I can fix it.

Delete your ~/.xastir/config/selected_maps.sys file and then start
Xastir up again.  The world map should be gone.  Reindex your maps
and you should see that default map show up in your maps directory
at the top level.

As far as I know we've done nothing to the map layering in quite
some time.