[Xastir] x_spider client

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 22 19:30:22 EST 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Ed wrote:

> My terminal window was filling up with the following message:
> Wed Nov 22 10:08:11 EST 2006 X_spider client connected from address
> 68.81.145.96
> str_echo2: Readline error socket: 104
> Wed Nov 22 10:08:11 EST 2006 X_spider session terminated, unauthenticated
> user, address 68.81.145.96

> I found that it was my
> Winlink Airmail from the EOC sending it's Lat and Long for transmission.  Any
> ideas what is wrong?

If you don't want anybody connecting to that Xastir then turn off
the server ports on the Interface menu.

If you're asking why the Readline errors and such, I suspect either
that the Winlink station isn't authenticating on the socket, it's
connecting and then not sending anything for a period of time, or
it's connecting and disconnecting but not following the proper
protocol for disconnecting a socket.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer