[Xastir] Compressed Posits

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Thu Nov 23 01:04:34 EST 2006

Tom Robson, ve7did wrote:
> When using compressed data with Xastir and Opentracker, what other APRS
> clients will NOT decode the data properly?  UI-View appears to be one which
> will not decode Xastir.

I'm under the impression that UI-View should decode compressed APRS
packets, though I've never used UI-View myself. I guess it's possible
that the compressed packet support is not complete and/or error free in
UI-View. For example findu decodes compressed positions just fine, but
course/speed decoding seems to give wrong results.

You might want to take a look at Curt's APRS client comparison chart
page as well: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/aprs_capabilities.html .

   Tapio