[Xastir] OSX Compiling question

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Fri Nov 24 06:55:12 EST 2006

I'm trying to get a complete build from 'source' on OSX, but I'm
stuck with geotiff

It doesn't seem to be detecting that I'm running Darwin, and I think
this is the part of the configure script

if test ! -z "`uname | grep Darwin`" \
           -a "$LD_SHARED" = "/bin/true" \
           -a -z "`${CXX} -dynamiclib conftest2.o -o libconftest.so
2>&1`" ; then
     ${CC} -c conftest1.c
     if test -z "`${CXX} conftest1.o libconftest.so -o conftest1
2>&1`"; then
       DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH_OLD="$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"
       if test -z "$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" ; then
         DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="`pwd`"
       else
         DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="`pwd`:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"
       fi
       export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
       if test -z "`./conftest1 2>&1`" ; then
         echo "checking for ${CXX} -dynamiclib ... yes"
         LD_SHARED="${CXX} -dynamiclib"
         SO_EXT=dylib
       fi

I'm not all that good with the configure stuff

but when I change it slightly and run it by hand I get

:~ j0n$ if test ! -z "`uname | grep Darwin`"; then echo blobby; fi
blobby
:~ j0n$

To fix it I manually changed LD_SHARED to be gcc -dynamiclib, which
works, but isn't the correct way of doing it.

Any suggestions?

de John
EI7IG

--