[Xastir] Linux Standard Base Test

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Nov 26 01:14:36 EST 2006

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Curt Mills wrote:

> Those of you with LSB-3.0 or 3.1 compliant Linux systems may want to
> try a new binary package for Xastir.  It's at:
>
>   ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/a/archer/aprs/xastir/LSB/xastir-lsb.bz2
>
> If you care to download it and try it, decompress it at the root
> level so that it will create the /opt/lsb-xastir/ directory
> structure, then run it like this:
>
>     /opt/lsb-xastir/bin/xastir &
>
> I'm hoping to get it packaged up into an RPM package soon as the
> LSB standard requires, but need some spare time to read up on the
> docs and figure out how to do it.
>
> Please let me know how it works.

Has anyone tried this yet?  I realize that it's Thanksgiving break
but that's just in the U.S.  I figured somebody would be daring
enough to try it!

On SuSE 10.0 or 10.1 you should only need the "lsb" package
installed for lsb-xastir to work on your system.  If it complains
about needing anything else installed to run it then I want to hear
about it.  I assume the needed package for LSB support on other
linux systems is probably called "lsb" or perhaps "lsb-base".

I'm dying to get the entire package done as an RPM file, but my
experiments so far haven't taught me much about how to do it.  I'm
hoping Jeremy can help with that obstacle.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer