[Xastir] Install Problems with CentOS

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 29 09:32:06 EST 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Eric Christensen wrote:

> My second problem was with getting the Xastir files from SourceForge.
> When I used CVS and hit "enter" at the "CVS password" prompt nothing
> would happen.

What did you expect to happen?  If I remember correctly it waits a
while and then writes something into your ~/.cvspass file, then
exits.  I don't think it tells you anything unless it _can't_
complete the operation.

Go on to the next command.  There are only two commands to do total
to get the sources.

If the first command hangs and doesn't bring you back to a prompt
within a reasonable amount of time, it may be that the remote server
is down or slow, or there's a problem somewhere in-between on the
network.  Kill it (Control-C) and try again.  If no luck after a few
tries, wait an hour or a day and try again.

Once you get that first command done, you'll never have to do it
again on that machine, as that user.