[Xastir] Linux Standard Base version of Xastir

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 29 12:44:32 EST 2006

I put another test version up.  This one is configured for Linux
LSB-3.0.  It has Shapelib, Rtree, and Lesstif-0.95 compiled in
statically:

ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/a/archer/ftp/aprs/xastir/LSB/xastir-lsb.tar.bz2

I remembered to name it properly so that you can tell what format
it's in this time!

To install it:

    su
    cd /
    tar xjvf PATH/xastir-lsb.tar.bz2

To run it:

    /opt/lsb-xastir/bin/xastir &

No compiling necessary.

You'll need to have the LSB package installed on your system before
you can run any LSB packages.  Check the available packages for your
operating system for the LSB runtime package.  On OpenSuSE-10.0 it's
called:  "lsb-3.0-4"

Work still needs to be done to package it up into an RPM file.  Once
that's done a person will be able to issue exactly one command to
download -AND- install the package.  That'll be sweet.  Later I'll
work on adding additional libraries to it.