[Xastir] Bugs fixed this morning + new developer

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 5 12:46:44 EDT 2006

*) Dan Brown, N8YSZ, is our newest developer, added this morning.
We're at 15 developers now.

*) Jesse, KF4HZU, submitted a patch to fix numeric overlays for
base-91 packets.  It's in CVS now.

*) An interesting killer-packet bug cropped up this morning that
killed two out of the three Xastir instances I had running.  The
other instance was on a filtered feed and doesn't appear to have
received that type of packet, so that instance is at 140 days of
continuous run-time and still going.

Anyway, the bug happens if you receive a SKY bulletin that has the
word "EMERGENCY" in the text.

If Xastir doesn't have a decoded position for the station when it
starts into it's emergency processing code it tries to throw the
packet back through the processing.  This is so a single packet
w/position can trigger the emergency popups.

In this case the packet didn't have any position so Xastir kept
throwing it back in for processing again and again.

I've disabled this recursion for emergency packets.  It'll again
take TWO packets to trigger the emergency code unless a previous
position for the station is known before the emergency packet comes
through.  In that last case it'll only require the one packet.