[Xastir] Another Xastir Oddities

Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Fri Oct 6 09:03:28 EDT 2006

John Ronan wrote:
> I could be wrong, but isn't that the box to indicate Position Ambiguity?
> Though I don't seem to be able to switch it off.

Not Position Ambiguity, but position precision, or lack thereof.
Depending on how many significant digits of the lat/lon are sent, a
correct sized box appears showing where the station could *really* exist.

Contrast with Position Ambiguity where the sending station intentionally
replaces significant digits with spaces. This is drawn with a
stipple-filled box in Xastir. It is able to be turned off. The other isn't.

-Lance KJ5O

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat
the cookies.