[Xastir] slimming down dbf files

Kyle Kienapfel doctor.whom at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 16:30:38 EDT 2006

I checked and the Geobase.ca NRN uses the ROADSEGID to associate which
shape with what dbf entry. If theres no connection, xastir colors the
roads seemingly randomly (due to misassociation of the dbf entries).
So I'm down to 46.7mb for BC, but this is even before a dbfawk file is
created, so depending it could get smaller.
My next steps are to track down the quadtree splitting program and redo that.
Also need to use a little bit of dbfawk maybe to make things nice.

Searching for the quad splitting program is eluding me. Anyone
remember where it is or who made it?

This is whats left
dbfinfo="NATRDCLASS:RTNUMBER1:RTNUMBER2:RTNUMBER3:RTNUMBER4:RTENAME1EN:RTENAME2E
N:EXITNBR:NBRLANES:PAVSTATUS:STRUCTID:STRUCTTYPE:STRUNAMEEN:ROADSEGID";