[Xastir] Install

Robbie, wa9inf mwrobertson at comcast.net
Tue Oct 17 13:41:13 EDT 2006

I'm trying to do a complete install of Xastir and having difficulties
with the "language" and terms of it all, however, I am trying.. I've
tried to get a handle on Linux a few times but would give up, :-(

Is there a text file, documentation, like a step by step file out there
any where for dummies like me?

As always, to me, its very difficult to come into the middle of
something, then have to spend so much time understanding Linux, I give
up on Xastir since I keep getting errors on the files I download to
install. Like dependencies on Perl for GPS, and the ax25libs not found.
Curt mentioned the problems with some binary files compiled with things
I may not need or want and not there, :-)

I am up and running with Fedora Core 5, and several "Windows" like
applications, but all that isn't what I was after really, more for ham
radio applications and reliability of Linux and Xastir..

Thanks for reading, any guidance appreciated,

Robbie