[Xastir] Compiling from source error

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Oct 24 10:10:20 EDT 2006

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Stephen Brown Jr wrote:

> Hi, I'm running Ubuntu 6.06 and I am trying to compile/install the latest
> stable release from CVS and I have encountered an error when trying to run
> ./configure: How to fix this?
>
> ./configure: line 1336: syntax error near unexpected token `xastir,'
>
> ./configure: line 1336: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(xastir, 1.8.3)'

Did you run the autoconf/automake commands?  It's possible that your
autoconf or automake packages are older/newer than the ones used to
create the "configure" that you currently have.

Try running "./bootstrap.sh" to recreate the Makefiles and configure
from scratch.  Note that you'll need the autoconf and automake
packages.  These are normally developer tools, so you may not have
them installed yet.