[Xastir] Compiling from source error

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Oct 24 15:22:34 EDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 12:13:27PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <stephen.brown75 at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> And yet more errors, I ran bootstrap.sh as suggested, followed by make. This
> was the error I got while trying to compile:
>
> map_geo.c: In function 'draw_geo_image_map':
> map_geo.c:735: error: 'QuantumDepth' undeclared (first use in this function)
> map_geo.c:735: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> map_geo.c:735: error: for each function it appears in.)
> make[3]: *** [map_geo.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/sbrown/xastir/src'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sbrown/xastir/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sbrown/xastir'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

This appears to be because of a couple of lines of code I added some time
ago without making sure they were inside of an #ifdef HAVE_IMAGEMAGICK
block.  Nobody else has apparently tried to build Xastir without ImageMagick
since then apparently.  Very unfortunate, because I don't have time to fix it
right now.

The only suggestion I have for quick resolution of the problem is to install
ImageMagick (and its development headers), which is where the QuantumDepth
definition is.