[Xastir] Multiple Servers

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Tue Oct 24 19:33:49 EDT 2006

Gerry Creager wrote:

> But do you *need* to connect to each of the servers?  Connecting to
> the Core at one point, and using a rotate scheme, should accomplish
> what you would want, the ability to fail over another server when,
> albeit rarely, we have a server die.
>
> Multiple connections to multiple servers tends to lead to loops on the
> servers.  AE5PL's done a lot of work to stop that and the Core sysops
> have periodically gone thru and individually asked folks to help us
> stamp out redundant connections.
>
> gerry

Hi Jerry,

No, I don't need to connect to each server at the same time. All I'm
looking for is a redundancy scheme whereby if one server falls over,
Xastir will attempt to connect to an alternative server in a manner
similar to UIView.

Server failures are rare but, in accordance with Murphy's Law they will
happen when I'm not here, which is quite often, and I want to cover that
possibility.

Ray vk2tv