[Xastir] Add/Remove Apps

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 20:49:45 EDT 2006

On 10/24/06, Robbie, wa9inf <mwrobertson at comcast.net> wrote:
> Looks like I've gotten too reckless with all the chmods or something
> getting my serial ports working,
>
> When I go to File>Add/Remove Apps, the window opens, asks for password,
> the start searching.. After about ten seconds bails out with an error
> indicating no Network connection!  Yet I can browse the LAN and
> Internet... In bash window, I can ping my ISP...
>
> I left the machine on over night running Xastir with only the serial tnc
> where as I was using the IS server. I've shut it all down and rebooted
> the machine with the same results..
>
> Any ideas for me to search and try, TIA

Robbie, if this is Fedora, you're probably having problems because
things are way overloaded right now.  The release of FC6 was this
morning, so a lot of their mirrors are overloaded with people trying
to download the latest and greatest.

One thing you can do is edit the "core" and "updates" repo files in
/etc/yum.repos.d and point it to a specific mirror instead of Fedora's
round-robin rotation - that will help.  I recommend the
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora mirror myself, as it always has lots
of bandwidth to spare.  It's not hard to do, comment the mirror list
option, uncomment and edit the baseurl option to point to the mirror
of your choice.  I recommend making a backup of your existing
yum.repos.d directory before playing with that, however.

Jeremy, NW7JU