[Xastir] XASTIR run process

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 1 10:39:21 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Andrew Rich wrote:

> Is there a way to make unix / linux watch over xastir and if it is not
> running, start it ?

Perhaps.

You can easily check whether it's running by using a cron script:
Have it check whether the PID value in the ~/.xastir/xastir.pid file
exists in a current process listing.

Starting it up might be a bit tricky as you need the correct
permissions to the X11 server plus the correct environment variables
set up for that user.  I haven't tried to do this myself.