[Xastir] Ubuntu 5.10

Darryl Gibson n2diy at losch.net
Tue Sep 5 20:15:22 EDT 2006

w8iss at wideopenwest.com wrote:
> First, unless you have problems with downloading 6.06, upgrade!!
> It helps make things a lot easier, plus 6.06 is planned on being
> supported for a year and a half as compared to the six months
> update for the previous versions.

I have 6.06, but it states it needs 256m of ram, I only have
half that, so I didn't try playing with it.

> Second, this won't give you the latest and greatest Xastir, but
> go into Synaptic Package Manager under Administration and mark it
> for installation.

Been there, and done that. I'm a glutton for punishment, and
un-installed the .dep package in favor of the CVS version.

> That's the easiest way to do it. I've been running Ubuntu since
> 5.04 and 6.06 seems to be the best so far for loading and curing
> dependency issues.

Roger that, I'm new to Ubuntu, but not linux.

73
--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
RLU X 182668/379552

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of
arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --
Andrew Fletcher, A Discourse of Government with relation to
Militias (1698)