[Xastir] Ubuntu 5.10

Darryl Gibson n2diy at losch.net
Tue Sep 5 23:15:58 EDT 2006

Bob Nielsen wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2006, at 6:48 PM, Bob Nielsen wrote:

>> Main (although I recommend you enable universe and multiverse):

>> ~$ apt-cache policy libxp-dev
>> libxp-dev:
>>   Installed: 6.8.2-11ubuntu2
>>   Candidate: 6.8.2-11ubuntu2
>>   Version table:
>> *** 6.8.2-11ubuntu2 0
>>         500 http://archive.ubuntu.com dapper/main Packages
>>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Being a total newb to apt-get, I have no clue as to what you
are suggesting I do with the above.

So, I fired up Synaptic, enabled all the repos. there, and I
think I got it.

>> I *think* it's in 5.10, since I have been running Xastir on Ubuntu
>> since version 4.04.
>>

> It is in 5.10 main.  Here is the output from my other Ubuntu machine:
>
> n7xy at n7xy:~$ apt-cache policy libxp-dev
> libxp-dev:
>   Installed: (none)
>   Candidate: 6.8.2-11ubuntu1
>   Version table:
>      6.8.2-11ubuntu1 0
>         500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com breezy/main Packages

Yep, I think I got it, maybe I'll have time to play with it
before I go to bed?

73

--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
RLU X 182668/379552

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of
arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --
Andrew Fletcher, A Discourse of Government with relation to
Militias (1698)