[Xastir] Some observations with the recent CVS release

Andreas Junge, N6NU xastir at n6nu.org
Fri Sep 8 23:26:57 EDT 2006

> On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Andreas Junge, N6NU wrote:
>>
>> > Sending messages from this machine to my car (N6NU-9) works fine. When
>> > do a "Trace query" nothing happens.
>>
>> Try the latest CVS, when anonCVS catches up to develCVS (should be
>> only a few minutes).  See if that fixes it.  If there's a way that
>> you can test a directed query in the other direction too, please do
>> so.

The iGate does not do inet -> rf anymore. none.

A general query will be responded to (observed in the "all message
traffic" window), but on the requesting instance, nothing will be
displayed - with and without the -p command line parameter.

> Also check out the two new command-line options and see if they work
> for you.  I'm not entirely sure that all of the popups are stopped
> that way, but most should be.  Should be in anonCVS shortly.

I did:

 xastir -p -f n6nu-9

Both work! No more popups and tracking was enabled. - wonderful!

73,

Andreas, N6NU