[Xastir] Deep Breaths

Richard Polivka r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 15 10:33:13 EDT 2006

I have had issues with OpenMotif as well. I have uninstalled it completely and use LessTif only.

  73 from 807,

  Richard Polivka

"Chip G." <n1mie at myeastern.com> wrote:  On Sep 13, 2006, at 08:39, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Could also be a buggy Lesstif or OpenMotif version.  Actually that
> seems kind of likely to me now.  Which one are you running?  Can
> you try upgrading/downgrading your [Less|Mo]tif to see if it makes
> a difference?  Compare it to the [Less|Mo]tif version you're
> running on the other boxes?

This turns out to be the exact right tip I needed. I updated
OpenMotif, but I was still having problems. So I removed it and
installed LessTif and now everything is working properly. Not sure
why, but at least on my platform, with my configuration, OpenMotif
isn't working. I don't really have a good option (one I like) for
"downgrading" and installed item. I use Fink, a package management
system. It only allows the ability to install/remove the latest
package. Once installed, you aren't forced to update when revised
(although it will report it as out-of-date). Some day I hope to
figure out how to develop one of these packages for Xastir on Fink to
make it easier for Mac installers. (Yes, I know DarwinPorts already
does this, but I don't use that package manager.)

-- Chip