[Xastir] interface.c

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Sep 19 22:49:39 EDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 07:34:34PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <mike_fenske at telus.net> flavor, containing:
> Just updated to today's CVS and I noticed some odd behaviour that wasn't
> there before. Here's a capture of the "view incoming data" window shortly
> after starting Xastir:
>
> 0:TX -> VE7MKF-1>APX183,WIDE2-2:=/5^%o/Ko8x{5Chttp://www3.telus.net/ve7mkf
> 0:TNC-> >APX183,WIDE2-2:=/5^%o/Ko8x{5Chttp://www3.telus.net/ve7mkf
> 0:TNC-> >APX183,VE7IPB-10*,WIDE2-1:=/5^%o/Ko8x{5Chttp://www3.telus.net/ve7mkf
> 0:TNC-> >APX183,OTTER*,WIDE2-1:=/5^%o/Ko8x{5Chttp://www3.telus.net/ve7mkf
>
> Notice that the echos from digipeaters don't show my callsign and the "view
> station information" box for VE7MKF-1 shows no packets received. This same
> thing happens every time my station beacons.
>
> If I revert back to interface.c version 1.260 (removing the \r before
> MYCALL on line 8302), the problem goes away.

OUCH!

Thank you for noticing that.  I'll look into that right away!

I see that it is happening on my home station, too.

The problem is that the lower level routines that handle the string sent to
the TNC are looking for the control-r as the end of the line, and are being
confused by the fact that there's one at the beginning, too.  I'll fix that.