[Xastir] .geo files for the NWS RIdge Radars

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 26 10:06:38 EDT 2006

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Kevin Paetzold wrote:

> Thanks for the tip.  I will correct the files I put on the wiki
> etc....

Have fun finding the wiki!  But see the link below...

*) Chuck:  Can we get a link added to the main homepage for "Maps",
which points to the original Wiki?  The web pages are not hosted at
sourceforge.net anymore, so I can't do any tweaks.

My druthers would be to have the major headings like this:

    Resources
    Software
    Support
    Maps
        Map Wiki Link

Or

    Resources
    Software
    Maps
        Map Wiki Link
    Support

The original Map Wiki page is at:

    http://wiki.ampr2.net/nwaprs/XastirMaps

I would certainly not have a problem with moving the contents over
to the new Xastir Wiki instead if that's what you would like to do.
The important thing is that it's a Wiki page and accessible, not
where it resides.

*) Also, while I'm thinking about it, the "Major Features" page got
turned into a local page there, that's great.  The "SAR Features"
link(s) are gone though and there's no replacement.

Ah, for what it's worth, I can still get to the original Xastir
web page at this address, minus the snapshots:

    http://xastir.sourceforge.net

*) The "Screen Shots" link is incorrect on the new page.  It should
go to:

    http://stimpy.wetnet-mafia.org/Xastir_V1_0_2_Shots/index.html

*) Forums:  We have Xastir forums on the SourceForge site, forums on
the new website, and mailing lists.  I personally find forums to be
a bit of a pain, 'cuz _if_ I even know someone posted a question I
then have to go to the forum page and look it up.  I much prefer
mailing lists.  People are more likely to get get delayed support if
they post to any of the forums.  Particularly if they don't generate
an e-mail to the mailing lists or developers.

*) We need a direct link on the homepage to take people to the main
SourceForge pages.  I tended to use that link quite a bit from the
old web page.

*) Can the other developers gain permissions to be able to
change/update the Xastir web pages themselves, not just the Wiki?

*) In the Docs Wiki I can't really tell how to install on Linux.
The "README" and "INSTALL" keywords aren't clickable.  It looks like
perhaps the intent was to have the contents of the README in the
OS-specific link of "Install Guides", then perhaps INSTALL might
well go right after that?

Any major overhaul like this to the Xastir homepages is bound to
need a little tweaking.  The new stuff sure looks nice to me!