[Xastir] Announcing Splat 1.2.0b with support for Xastir .geo files

Rodney Baker rodney.baker at optusnet.com.au
Sun Apr 1 04:00:23 EDT 2007

Hi all.

Some of you may be aware of Splat!, a console-based radio path and coverage
profiling tool for Linux. The author (John Magliacane KD2BD) has recently
released version 1.2.0b which now has support for generating Xastir .geo
files so that the topo map output can be displayed directly in Xastir.

This can be useful for showing the predicted versus real coverage of aprs
repeaters. A xastir snapshot showing a Splat! generated coverage map of
vk5rsc aprs repeater is available (I hope) at
http://vk5ztv.ham-radio-op.net:53675/aprs/default.html

Splat! can be downloaded at http://kd2bd.ham.org.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with the author of Splat!, except as a
satisfied user who requested and tested the .geo file creation feature (and a
couple of others). John was good enough to add and I figured that other
Xastir users could find it useful so I said that I would announce its
availability here as a service to list members who have a use for this sort
of tool.

Any questions relating to Splat! should be directed to the author.

Regards,

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker at optusnet.com.au