[Xastir] Broken II

Chip G. n1mie at ct.metrocast.net
Mon Apr 2 14:25:15 EDT 2007

On Apr 2, 2007, at 14:05, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Chip G. wrote:
>
>> Error! can not find color file /xastir/config/xastir.rgb
>> Error in Color file! Exiting...
>
> Does the file exist in the installed location?  You might have
> deleted it.  A "make install" should install the file again.  The
> normal location for it would be "/usr/local/share/xastir/config/".
>
> Perhaps you blew away your entire Xastir install set of directories?

The file exists at the following locations:
/sw/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb
/Users/chip/xastir_cvs/xastir/config/xastir.rgb

The first is the 'normal' location for this installation. The second
is the cvs directory.

Those are the same locations as are on a secondary machine on which
Xastir works (not as recent of a compile). I've further run a diff on
each between the two machines and they are identical. So it is not
the file or the file location which seems to be the problem.
Somewhere Xastir is confused about where to look. I wonder if in the
compile process one of the references to the file didn't pick up on
the prefix switch. Or perhaps there is a configuration file which
likewise didn't pick up on the prefix switch.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn