[Xastir] Broken II

Chip G. n1mie at ct.metrocast.net
Mon Apr 2 14:41:24 EDT 2007

On Apr 2, 2007, at 14:29, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Chip G. wrote:
>
>> I wonder if in the compile process one of the references to the
>> file didn't pick up on the prefix switch. Or perhaps there is a
>> configuration file which likewise didn't pick up on the prefix
>> switch.
>
> Could be.  Or might be a path in ~/.xastir/conf/xastir.cnf

OK, I think I have more to offer here. I did a little looking in the
code. In "color.c" there is a line which reads:

> fprint(stderr, "Error! can not find color file: %s\n",
> get_data_base_dir(temp));

This was the error to which I referred in my original post, which read:

> Error! can not find color file /xastir/config/xastir.rgb

That tells me that it is looking for a directory named xastir in the
root for the hard drive. There is no such directory. It should be
reading either /sw/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb OR ~/.xastir/config/
xastir.rgb (does not exist on my system, but would make sense). In
any case, for some reason the get_data_base_dir() function has the
wrong path. I haven't traced this back (yet) but I am certain it is
part of the problem.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn