[Xastir] Broken II

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 2 14:56:27 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Chip G. wrote:

> > fprint(stderr, "Error! can not find color file: %s\n",
> > get_data_base_dir(temp));
>
> This was the error to which I referred in my original post, which read:
>
> > Error! can not find color file /xastir/config/xastir.rgb
>
> That tells me that it is looking for a directory named xastir in the
> root for the hard drive. There is no such directory. It should be
> reading either /sw/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb OR ~/.xastir/config/
> xastir.rgb (does not exist on my system, but would make sense). In
> any case, for some reason the get_data_base_dir() function has the
> wrong path. I haven't traced this back (yet) but I am certain it is
> part of the problem.

xa_config.c:

char *get_data_base_dir(char *dir) {
    static char base[MAX_VALUE];
    char *env_ptr;

    // Snag this variable from the environment if it exists there,
    // else grab it from the define from the compile command-line
    // that should look like one of these:
    //
    // -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\"/opt/Xastir/share/xastir\"
    // -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\"/usr/local/share/xastir\"

On my system it looks like this on each compile line:

    -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\"/usr/local/share/xastir\"

It is set in configure.ac here:

# Set XASTIR_DATA_BASE in CPPFLAGS due to Gnu coding standard that requires
# datadir expansion to be deferred until make time.
if test "x${datadir}" = "x"; then
  CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\\\"${ac_default_prefix}/share/xastir\\\""
else
  CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\\\"${datadir}/xastir\\\""
fi