[Xastir] Compiling version 1.8.5

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Apr 5 21:45:04 EDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 08:57:20PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <bmcconnell at columbus.rr.com> flavor, containing:

> > Please try grepping /usr/include/* for the string "Rect" --- that is what
> > CoverSplit is defined as, and if there's something in the FC6 system
> > that is conflicting with that it might explain things.  I doubt there's
> > a conflicting "CoverSplit" but if you don't find a "Rect" then please try
> > grepping for "CoverSplit" too.
> >
> > If that's the case, it might be possible to get around the problem by
> > introducing a unique prefix to some of the rtree library's definitions to
> > get around the namespace pollution.  While this appears to be a problem
> > only on FC6 right now, it might become a problem on other distributions
> > in the future.
>
> Tom here is what I got:
> gif_lib.h:void DrawRectangle(SavedImage * Image,
> k3blistview.h:  virtual void paintEmptyArea( QPainter*, const QRect& rect );
> I got nothing on CoverSplit.

Fiddlesticks.  Well, it was a nice theory.

I'll have to look over the rtree stuff (which is actually copied from
www.superliminal.com and is fairly old) to see if there's any other likely
reason for this thing to be giving trouble.

Could you please tell me what "gcc --version" tells you on your system?