[Xastir] www.xastir.org "User Support Forum" again

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 11 12:52:56 EDT 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> > I gotta say, I really am even more convinced that the web-based "User Support"
> > forum is worse than useless --- nobody with answers seems to read it, and
> > every few weeks someone posts to it desperate for answers.
>
> I agree wholeheartedly and expressed a similar view a while back.
> For me, mailing lists are the only things that work as I don't check
> forums, regularly or irregularly.  I don't like the "monitor"
> feature on the forums much either.  E-mail is faster to both read
> and respond, plus requires no action on my part to regularly keep
> track of things.
>
> If Chuck okays it, I'll be more than happy to close the forums.
> Only he or I can make that happen.

*) Closed the developer forum, which wasn't used anyway.

*) Added comments to the other two forums which should lead people
to the mailing lists instead.

*) Added the mailing list address to the "always mail to" box for
the two forums, so I _think_ any postings to the forums will now go
to the mailing lists.  Then again, this probably requires a mailing
lists subscription and I don't have the authority to manually add
whatever address it would get sent from, so perhaps the messages
won't arrive.